Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Farmer by Accident Pt. II

At this time I was 24 years old and I thought that I knew everything. At that time I was living in Montreal Canada. I had a good job and life was good. During the good times, I will admit to becoming complacent thought at that time I didn't realize it.






Maybe at that time, I was afraid of change. I witness many co-workers come and go over time. Many of my friends who worked in this field would tell it was important to work at other  organizations. New places would offer new experiences and learning opportunities. I was in my comfort zone and didn't have any desire to leave.
Now 12 years later which is a long time at the job was starting to go downhill. I hated going into the office each day. The level of job satisfaction had hit an all time low. I'm 37 years old and still single. Looking back, this was a good thing because if I was raising a family, I suspect my options would have been limited.


By summertime, it was time to call it quits. I had no new job. It was the first time in my life that I was unemployed. Life had taken a low point, but their was no turning back. Each day was a dreadful experience and it was a definite negative experience that I wouldn't wish upon anybody.


We did have internet at home, so I started searching on the internet. I had placed my c.v. ( curriculum vitae )at a website and it was picked up by a hiring agency. They forwarded it to the Bank of Bermuda. After a series of interviews, I was hired for the job. It was good to get the job, but more important was that I was going overseas. Since then, I've never looked back to Canada again. After doing a one year contract overseas, I knew that I will not return back to the frozen North.

No comments:

Post a Comment